Contact: Alyssa Aguilera, 917-200-1446, firstname.lastname@example.org
Albany, NY – In June 2014, Governor Cuomo announced a plan to end the HIV/AIDS epidemic in New York State. He subsequently convened a Task Force comprised of 63 HIV experts and community leaders to develop a comprehensive Blueprint to end AIDS as an epidemic by 2020.
The Blueprint provides leaders in Albany with a detailed plan of how to end the AIDS epidemic in New York but it cannot be accomplished without adequate funding to implement it. In December 2015, at a World AIDS Day event in Harlem, Governor Cuomo publicly committed to funding the Blueprint in his 2016 NYS Budget.
Today, over 500 supporters will come to Albany and demand Governor Cuomo fulfill his promise by making an initial $70 million investment in the plan to end AIDS in New York.
WHAT: Rally in support of fully funding the Plan to End AIDS in New York by 2020.
WHERE: The Well, Legislative Office Building, Albany, NY
WHEN: Wednesday, March 9, 2016, 10 AM – 12PM
· Senators Brad Hoylman, Ruth Hassell-Thompson, Velmanette Montgomery, Gustavo Rivera, and Daniel Squadron
· Assembly Members Dick Gottfried, Dan O’Donnell, Diana Richardson, Linda Rosenthal, Latrice Walker
· VOCAL-NY leaders living with HIV/AIDS
· Charles King, President & CEO of Housing Works
· Guillermo Chacon, Latino Commission on AIDS
· And representatives from the leading HIV/AIDS organizations in New York.