On October 6th, VOCAL-NY and the Urban Justice Center’s Community Development Project will be releasing our new report, Beyond Methadone: Improving Health and Empowering Patients in Opioid Treatment Programs.
Beyond Methadone will be officially released to media, elected officials and the community on Thursday, October 6th at 11am at 250 Broadway (19th Fl.) in Manhattan.
The report documents the experiences of patients in Opioid Treatment Programs (OTPs) focusing on hepatitis C care, overdose prevention, syringe exchange, police accountability, and other innovative approaches to make programs work for patients. The report also offers vital policy recommendations that will increase the effectiveness OTPs and improve public health and safety.
The report release event will include a briefing of the report’s findings and recommendations and a panel discussion with OTP patients and other experts in the field.
• Honorable Richard N. Gottfried, Chair of the NYS Assembly Committee on Health.
• Honorable Steven Cymbrowitz, Chair of the NYS Assembly Committee on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse.
• Daliah Heller, PhD, MPH. Assistant Commissioner, Bureau of Alcohol and Drug Use Prevention, Care and Treatment in the NYC Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.
• Sharon Stancliff, M.D. Medical Director for the Harm Reduction Coalition and medical consultant for the AIDS Institute in the NYS Department of Health.
• Steven Kipnes, M.D. Medical Director for the NYS Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS). (invited)
Please RSVP to Jeremy Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org or 917-676-8041. View the full invite below.