This report from the Homes for Every New Yorker coalition brings together the best thinking and policy analysis on homeless solutions to show how the de Blasio and Cuomo administrations can eradicate mass homelessness by 2020.
Described in detail in the report, these strategies include:
- Setting aside 10% of all new City-assisted housing for homeless New Yorkers
- Targeting more NYCHA public housing apartments to people in the shelter system
- Renewing a City-State agreement to create permanent supportive housing
- Enhancing City-State rent subsidies to prevent homelessness and rehouse the homeless
- Investing in cost-saving programs to prevent homelessness
- Converting so-called “cluster-site” shelter back to permanent housing
- Expanding rental assistance to all low-income New Yorkers living with HIV
- Raising the minimum wage to $15 per hour in New York City
- Building housing with developers who use local hire goals and union labor
The Homes for Every New Yorker coalition includes the following organizations:
Join the coalition to end homelessness in New York!